Sunday, April 01, 2007

I am

I

I am a turtle
Whose shell not only protects, but traps everything inside.
I sit here in my dark safe space
Nothing comes in, nothing gets out
No danger, no emotions, nothing
I keep danger out, but I keep love and understanding out as well

Is this the person I have become?
Who keeps others away
Do I make them fearful, to try and intrude on my solitude
Do I snap with cruel words to keep my shell intact?
To keep all of my inner self safe
A trutle, seems small, and insignificant, easily hurt.
But many others are afraid of it's bite, it still hurts...
Does my bite hurt?... Are others afraid of being bitten?
How can I tear down my shell while still protecting myself from hurt?
How do I let others in???
It's dark here
And lonely, I don't recongnize this thing I have become
maybe I can't find my true self in here because there is no light
Maybe the real me is lost in the dark
the suffocating, nothingness that it is

I hate the dark,
true darkness has no stars to see by
nothing to give hope to a soul trapped
I want to see the stars again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home