Sunday, January 21, 2007

Childhood memories

I thought about what I should write in this blog that would appeal to the younger members of our family, and Amanda gave me an idea, childhood memories.....

Have you ever been doing something(by yourself or with someone) that made you think of a memory from when you were little?
Last week we had a bit of a storm and I went sledding with Jacinda and Jared, we took turns, shared sleds(and snowboards)and had fun, but it got me to thinking about things I enjoyed when I was little.
Have you ever jumped off of someone's porch into a couple of feet of snow? It is like jumping into a pile of laundry(forget about the chance of getting a concussion) You'd laugh then pull yourself out, only to do it again. After a few more times when finally exhausting yourself you'd head home wet to the bone to be asked what you did(you of course simply said you played in the snow, as common sense had suddenly made you realize that jumping down 10 feet into snow over rock hard ground may not sound as good to you parents as it did to you). Ahh that was fun!

Trying to recapture those moments as an adult is not quite the same, that huge jump, now actually is only waist high, the four feet of snow, is actually two, and that cool porch is now a rock garden owned by someone you don't know.

I was wondering if everyone could tell me about a moment like this, either thats really special , or that was special , and if your perception about it has changed.






4 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Yes, sometimes I find myself in a situation that for one second takes me back to my childhood, it is a very nice feeling. I like remembering my childhood by watching old photos. The children today dont play the same games that I used to play when I was a child, and they dont watch the same cartoong in TV, and that is a pity.

Enjoying your blog!

January 21, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

no, I do remember sliding down the pole on the corner though, the one close to the huge rock. Now I see it every day when I deliver the papers, it is just above my waist....sigh, and I thought I was a bit of a dare devil...

January 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my childhood has only begun

January 25, 2007  
Blogger Jen said...

Thank you, even if it is belated... ha ha


I think it must be a family thing, because I have very few memories of my childhood, especially pleasant ones... but now I make lots of them.
Or when I am doing something I remember doing something when it's triggered by something else.


Hey Mr Annonomous is that you Christopher???

January 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home