Thursday, June 01, 2006

Did you ever pick up a book based on the cover, and be totally shocked when you read the story?
I was at a rummage sale,(some far off church in the boonies) and I picked up a children's book called "Let the Celebration Begin". From the cover I thought it was about a far off culture celebrating a festival. I love books for kids so I bought it for a dime I think. When I got home I discovered that it was a book about women in a concentration camp sewing together pieces of their clothes to make stuffed animals for the children who live in their barracks. Well you never know what you'll find huh! I'm just glad that I found it before anyone else!
Neat huh!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I wish there was a way for all of you to read this book. Jen showed it to me and I was shocked too. It was a very sweet childrens book and I think every young kid should have it read to them. Those children were in a very dark place and to think something along those lines likely happened to try and keep spirits up.

June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home