Saturday, March 04, 2006


As many may have heard, I gave my notice at work on Friday. It was a quick, but well thought out decision. It has a higher pay scale, is a permanent position ( not a contract), is closer to home, does not have rotating shifts, has more hours, parking, benefits, 15 paid sick days, yearly salary and vacation increases, and a yearly bonus. Sadly these are awesome, but not what made me search for a new job, have you ever worked with someone who made you feel like dirt? Well I have for almost 3 months, it has been uncomfortable enough that I brought it up to management. Management does not realize what's making me leave, and I am not going to bother to let them in on the secret, but here are some basic hints on ................
How not to make your coworkers feel like crap!
1) Actually make eye contact when they talk with you (even if it's only once in the whole damn month!)
2) Don't tell them they need to cut their break short so you wont have to cut yours short
3) If you need to do something on the shift your on, so they can complete something they are required to do, do it!
4) Remember to say thank you, or no thank you if they offer you help
5)Do not order them to do what you want, especially if your not the boss, even bosses usually act nice when ordering you around)


Signs that you are pissing off a co-worker
1)They have stopped talking to you if they can avoid it.
2)They are as excited about you going on vacation as you are!
3)When you get back from vacation they seem depressed.
4) Student teachers loudly state as you leave the room" what is her problem?"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

must have been most unpleasant!!!

March 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*pokes at comment box* I could swear that when I tried to comment once before, it said I couldn't because I don't have a Blogger account. Did you change settings? Am I crazy? Will this work?

Anyway, blaaah to bad co-workers. It's amazing how much difference people make in a job--where Chris works the job is obscenely boring, but the people are awesome, so turnover isn't too high. D'you have something else lined up already?

(As usual, I've been meaning to call you for . . . ages, but I suck. If this works I'll be very happy. ^_^)

Ysa

March 05, 2006  
Blogger Jen said...

Yes I already have a job I start the 1st working day after the 17th (the 17th happens to be my last day at the other centre)They aldreay approved time off for Pesach!!
Yes Ysa, I did change the settings, glad we can chat now, we are both far to busy otherwise!!
Love you

March 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home